Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Really?

Has it really been over 3 months since I last posted?

Well simple math says...yes, yes it has. Simple math is a friend of mine, went to school together.

Anyways, the reasoning behind this gap is nothing more than a simple lack of fire.

Obama won, and is currently killing it, so there's not too many battles that get me juiced up south of the border.

Up here, kinda the same. Harper is being squeezed so hard by his minority status that he just tabled a budget that could have been written by the Liberals. A fundamental fiscal conservative delving into deficit spending for social programs and arts funding...wow.

Ignatieff is doing a good job so far, but with the economic meltdown going on, no one is really paying attention to politics, especially when the threat of an election is so low. Around the mid-point of this year, after the Stanley Cup is over, the spotlight will go back to Canada's favorite contact sport, and Iggy better be ready to go to bat.

During the void, I've gotten hooked on Twitter (so unendingly interesting), enjoying watching my Vancouver Canucks go on an absolute roll, tonight hitting a 10-game home winning streak, keeping up with the 49ers through another offseason and draft (Trade for Cutler dammit!), and becoming rather obsessed with Lost, the greatest show ever to hit TV.

For the first time in a long time, politics is taking a bit of a backseat. I'm still keeping up, of course, I needs mah fix, but it's not all I'm into for once. My friends and colleagues probably enjoy a move away from the Obamania I put them all through for the last year too :P

I'll come back here whenever I feel something needs to be said, but for now, seems like there isn't much to be said...

No comments: